Eternity, located in Downtown Burlington, VT is looking for a fun new crew member to join our dynamic team.
The role of Content & SEO Specialist requires being passionate about always learning, a basic working knowledge of SEO, a passion for writing content and getting into the mindset of our clients and their clients. We work with such clients as Ski Vermont, Let's Grow Kids, Vermont Maple, Love Burlington, Church Street Marketplace and hundreds more.
We prefer candidates with experience in working from home, but ideally located in Vermont.
The Content & SEO Specialist will be responsible for SEO strategy, keyword planning, on-page optimization and content creation on websites for our clients.
This is an entry-level position and ample onboarding and training will be provided primarily by our Founder, Mike Lannen with assistance from our Content & SEO Specialist, Holly Buttura. You will also work closely with our Lead Design & Developer, Rob Liberty.
Looking for a career change? This position will be an amazing opportunity for you to pursue that new direction.
Communication is key. You should love helping people and be great at talking with and responding to clients. You must be able to work collaboratively with and take direction from both clients and our project manager.
While this position is remote for the foreseeable future, when deemed safe we will work again occasionally in our Burlington, Vermont HQ and will ideally want applicants to be located in Vermont. But we will still remain 90% remote and in office will be optional. However, it will never be required to work in our office.
Eternity is proud to be 50% woman co-owned and more than 50% of our staff are female!
A willingness to learn new things and take on more responsibilities over time is a plus. The right person is a creative, people-friendly self-starter that is highly organized and can keep multiple projects moving forward, and report on them daily. You approach challenges with a roll-up-your-sleeves, heck-yeah, GSD attitude.
- 40 hours per week
- M-F; Flexible work schedule
- Remote work until deemed safe in-person (but still will remain 90% remote - optional in office)
- Position available September 2022 (but flexible)
The education and experience gained during your career will be priceless and dare we say fun! We love providing the ability for crew to learn on the job.
Culture is a big reason why people choose to work with Eternity. We're the type of company that loves putting people first, helping them get better, and make sure they're always set up for success. All while having fun! Follow us on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok or LinkedIn to see what's happening!
Outline of Training:
- Learning how the MODX Content Management System is used to build our websites
- Learning fundamentals of SEO
- Learning advanced SEO Systems & Strategies
- Learning fundamentals of Google Ads
- Learning fundamentals of HTML
- Learning website content creation best practices
- Learning fundamentals of artificial intelligence apps like: JASPER.AI
Day-to-Day Tasks Include:
- Design and implement search engine optimization strategy to align with client business goals
- Perform on-page optimization of websites with a goal of page 1 rankings
- Sit in on project kickoff meetings to understand the goals of the client
- Stay up-to-date with current technologies and trends in SEO, optimization tools and techniques
- Collaborate with other teams, like marketing, sales and customer service to ensure brand consistency
- Planning navigation sitemaps for client websites
- Creating long form content for pages of client websites
- Keyword planning
- On-page SEO
- Keyword ranking
- Content strategy, writing, and editing for client websites
- Content input into websites
- Write, edit and publish blogs for clients & Eternity
- Collaborate with Marketing Team on content ideas
- Use creativity and innovation skills to evolve internal business processes
- Website SEO and health audits
- Ridiculously outstanding customer service
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Friendly, lots of positive energy
- Project management skills
- Very organized
- Some past experience or certifications in SEO
- A love for writing and communication
- A love for video content creation on TikTok/Reels
Training Would Be Provided For:
- Search Engine Optimization
- Google Analytics Certification
- Google Search Console
- MODX CMS
Perks & Benefits of Full-Time Employment:
- A comfortable and open loft work atmosphere with optional access to our Burlington and Barre Offices if desired
- Remote working until further notice
- Awesome computer setup
- $500 stipend for office supplies / equipment for home office
- Health insurance (50% paid)
- Life Insurance (100% paid)
- Retirement options
- Free financial advisor
- Surprise birthday gifts
- Free home coffee subscription to Brave Coffee
- Unlimited paid parental leave
- Unlimited paid vacation
- Unlimited paid personal day policy
- Paid major holidays
BONUS POINTS: if you have past experience in theater, hospitality or accounting.
SUPER BONUS POINTS: if you enjoy being on camera and/or using TikTok and YouTube for video content creation.
No need to apply if:
- You aren’t curious and don’t want to grow individually.
- You can’t give and receive LOTS of constructive feedback.
- You aren’t fun to be around.
- You hate geeky sci-fi movies and cheesy space puns. 🚀
Eternity strives to promote a clean and healthy atmosphere. Smokers need please not apply.
No phone calls please.
We're in this together
Eternity believes in talent and diversity. We believe that each person brings their own gifts for the revolution. Diverse backgrounds, experiences, education, thought patterns and styles make us stronger. We celebrate our differences, and use them to guide our design process and business decisions. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, legally protected medical condition, family care status, military or veteran status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal laws.